Sunday, December 28, 2008

How much did Mary know?

I've often wondered how much Mary knew of what was ahead for her little baby. I'm sure there was much more to the announcements and conversations that Gabriel had with Joseph and Mary than was recorded. There is enough, though, to make a curious mind like mine to ponder.

In my Sunday School class today we will be looking at scripture and the lyrics to this song for a time of pondering and trying to put ourselves in their shoes. What must it have been like to be the very young parents of the Son of God? I pray that Jesus will be even more real to us as we review the life of this tiny baby who grew and fulfilled His role in the redemption plan for all mankind!



Love,

3 comments:

valerie said...

I was just thinking about Mary and Joseph this morning when I was getting ready for church.
I was wondering if she was thinking (as I would think) "Why if I'm carrying the Son of God are we having to leave our country and travel when I am so close to giving birth?" Among other questions.
She was human after all.
There's a lot to ponder.
Let me know when you get back and we'll definitely plan on getting together.
Love,
Valerie

valerie said...

P.S. I love that song!

Keetha Broyles said...

What amazes me is she obviously knew what would usually happen to an unwed pregnant woman, and had no promise that Joseph or her family would understand and back her - - - and yet she said YES.

That is amazing/