Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Randomness

I am still away at our newest property getting it ready to be leased. Our dear new neighbor -- somewhere, whom I do not know, is suppling internet. I have kept up with my office computer work and internet is a big help AND I can keep up on my blog reading.

Today, my dear mother-in-law had two stints placed in her heart. She came through the procedure just fine. Last week she stubbed her toe on the step going into her home and fell forward. She hurt her little finger and hit her glasses which caused a very black eye. It really looks bad and her eye is so bloodshot. Bless her. The doctor is releasing her to go home tomorrow. She is at Baptist hospital in OKC. The house we have been getting ready to lease is about a 15 - 20 minute drive from there so it has been very handy for us.

This Friday, our night-time ladies group is having a slumber party. One of the families in our church has a lake home and we will be going there for the overnight fun.

I hope to be finished with the house tomorrow. Maybe all except the final shining of the sinks, sweeping and mopping of the floors. It was is very good condition. I have washed cabinets, doors, drawers, walls, baseboards, ceilings, windows, tubs, showers and painted three entire rooms and two accent walls in the master bedroom. I cleaned carpets as well. I'm sure you get the picture. We like to make them feel as new as possible.

I know it sounds strange to some, but I have really enjoyed it. I put in 15 - 16 hour days and fall into bed feeling productive. A great part of the time I have been here by myself and that is so rare that I get to be alone. I loved it! I and God have had such an awesome time. My sweetheart has had to be at the office and carry out his duties and then came here as often as he could. Basically, he does the outside work and I do the inside. (His is harder and at this time of year, HOTTER!)
He is here with me tonight.

Life at the parsonage ... very quiet and vacant:)

2 comments:

annette said...

I am just catching up on a few of your posts and this one reminded me of what we did when I was growing up. We cleaned baseboards, windows, painted, scrubbed floors. I was even known to climb up on the roof and sweep it since I was not afraid of heights, or the only one dumb enough to admit it. Still not sure on that one. My parents had a few rent houses right beide their home, so we always made them like new after each vacancy. It was a reward in itself to see the house shine again and be ready for the next family. I did the very same thing to my own family home last year and it was bittersweet. Like you, I spent most of my time alone fixing it up, making it new again. It felt like a gift to the new owners. It was the last time. I agree there is something joyous about putting a home together for a family! Thanks for sharing this, and bringing back some sweet memories of my own. Love, Annette

annette said...

PS I also add my prayers for your mother in law's healing.