Saturday, June 14, 2008

Eyes Like My Father

Father's Day is time to honor your father, if he is till with you. My precious Dad is now home with his Lord and my beloved mother, Jo. I was so-o-o blessed to have had them for parents. Dad had a way of sharing his fatherly wisdom and teaching as though they were such great ideas and it caused me to want to obey and take his suggestions.

I look more like my father than my mother, but I have brown eyes like my beautiful mother; Dad's were light blue. Years ago, when it first came out, I used to sing the song Gary Chapman wrote (when he was dating/engaged to Amy Grant), "Father's Eyes". The song may be old, the author and artist no longer married, but the words are still something I desire for myself . I so want God to shine through my life (eyes). I want to "look like" my heavenly father so that he might be glorified.

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband, precious son and all the other awesome Dad's.

Life at the parsonage . . . grateful.

Sherry




3 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

oh how that song takes me back.....

Thanks for your comment on my blog!
Sarah is just such a special girl! Glad you are enjoying her blog!

I use Photoshop Elements 5.0, it is an addiction that is so bad I try my best to bless others in the process of feeding my addiction! ha ha!

annette said...

Like you, I now celebrate Father's Day through different eyes. I see Him in you. Happy Father's Day and to Our Father be the Glory.

Angela Baylis said...

Hi, Sherry!
I am so glad you stopped my blog. It's nice to meet new friends and you seem like a special woman. I loved this post and I haven't heard this song in a long time! I'll be back to visit again! Sounds like you have some exciting events to look forward to.
Much love,
Angie xoxo