Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Day in the Life ...

This morning -- I am sooo sore! I told you in an earlier post that I have been steam cleaning carpets. Over the last 3 days (Sunday not included) I have cleaned carpets at a rental house that we own (pictured below). Note: I have not had the privilege of living in this house. I really love it. It's larger than the parsonage we live in and I just love s-p-a-c-e.


The renters left it in very good condition, but being the daughter of the "Queen of Clean" I had to buff and shine the place myself.

There are new renters moving in May 1 so, yesterday, I went back to finish up (1 hour drive). I vacuumed the clean carpet upstairs, THE stairs and downstairs; ran a broom over it to make it even (I just love a good presentation:)); finished cleaning windows; shined the kitchen; shined the powder room; cleaned front door inside and out; shined the sink in the utility room; and mopped all downstairs floors on the way out the door.

I loaded the pickup truck with all items needed for this cleaning frenzy, swept the garage, and left for the parsonage at 5:20 p.m. (an hour drive back). I had to stop to fill up with gas ($60 -- highway robbery) and since I had not eaten all day, I stopped for a restful hamburger at Sonic.

To make the most of my driving time, I made a few phone calls checking up on some friends. I also called hubby to ask him to call a lady in our church who was hosting a Joy Fellowship meeting at her home at 7:00 p.m! That's right -- I WAS GOING TO BE LATE!

When I got home I asked hubby to unload the pickup truck for me in case it rained, then I changed clothes. My hair and makeup were still intact from the a.m. so not much needed there. I made it to the meeting just in time to e-a-t. I didn't. It was a wonderful evening with some of the sweetest ladies on the face of this earth. The theme for the evening was Living a Life of Balance!!! Needed that! Great job Carolyn!!

Life at the parsonage ... recovery mode!
Sherry

No comments: