Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Working on Uncle Phil

I don't really have an Uncle Phil :)

Uncle Phil is a dinner theater production that our church is doing this Friday night. It's set in the 1950's and is so much fun!

Yesterday, I went shopping with Allison, our Music Pastor, for some things that were still needed for Friday's production. The first stop we made was at Lifeway to pick up our summer LPM Siesta Bible Study books. It is "Me, Myself & Lies" by Jennifer Rothchild. Allison is going to be my partner for this study. I had seen this and thought about getting it, so I was excited when I found out this to be our summer study!

We had lunch at Johnny Carino's (I that place). Italian food is a favorite of mine so I always look forward to going there.After lunch we headed to Sam's Club to buy food for the diner. Hamburgers, French Fries, Coca Cola and Hot Fudge Sundaes will be served. We were supposed to get 4 more round tables but decided we couldn't handle that with all the food, so we made plans to go back.

It rained while we were in and out of stores then when it was time to load up, the sun came out (thankfully it wasn't pouring down rain). It was VERY HOT and so humid. The sun was just beating down on us. I don't mean to sound like a whine-pot -- but it was yuck! I think it seemed worse because of having to load everything into the back of the pickup -- heavy work. We put the frozen food in the back seat in insulated containers, etc. The hamburgers were very heavy! We got so tickled that we almost couldn't get them lifted into the back seat.

We rewarded ourselves by stopping here for an iced cold Mocha Frappuccino.
We stopped at the church and unloaded all the items. We actually had to stuff some of the food in the freezer, but we conquered it!

Today I did not babysit my grandchildren, so this morning Alli and I hopped in the pick-up to go get the tables and some table coverings as well. We had overcast skies which made the temp cooler and the trip much more pleasant. Then a quick stop into Wal-Mart for 30, 2-liter bottles of Coca Cola. Then . . off to the church to UNLOAD again! I think I experienced some productive weight lifting over the last two days.

I've got to head out the door again. Have a nice evening!

Love,

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Come on over and check out my new book giveaway blog :)

Cathy said...

Sounds like a busy but totally fun day!! I'm considering doing the Siesta Bible Study too.

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Big job...but sounds like it is going to be a fun time. I got my summer study book in the mail this week. I am looking forward to it as well. Enjoy your evening with "Uncle Phil".

Penny said...

Now I want some Italian food, lol!!!

valerie said...

You've been a busy gal!
Everything sounds so good.....

I love Braum's. We are fortunate to have three in our town!

Y'all have fun.

I thought about doing the Bible study, but decided to do "Get Out of That Pit" with some ladies from church.
My friend picked up a copy for me the other day.
I'd seen some of the videos on Life Today, but never had purchased the book.

Talk to you soon!
Love,
Val