Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oklahoma Fires - Please Pray!

Tonight there are at least 16 fires burning in Oklahoma as I type. The wind has been 45 mph with gusts up to 60 mph. The wind is expected to shift which means there will be new "fuel"The news said that they estimate 100 + homes have been burned.

Hubs is in Yukon tonight (1 hr. away) and I was to join him but I have stayed behind to be ready to grab what I think important. There are a few families in our church that are more than likely evacuated. I can't reach them by phone b/c I don't have their cell numbers -- only their homes number. I have tried to contact others that might be in the fire's path to see how they are, but unable to reach anybody. Shelters have been set up all over the state.

Here are a few pics from the news website.
Please pray for the protection of the in the fire's path, the firefighters and property . It will be a long night but I know that God is our protector and is in control of it all.

Love,
Sherry

3 comments:

valerie said...

Isn't this sad?!!!
We've been watching the news all evening.

I actually posted on this too....asking for prayer.

I do hope all of your friends and church members are ok. I have a friend who lives in Sparks.

I have another good friend who lives in the Choctaw/Harrah area.

I'm definitely praying!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Oh my goodness! I had not heard!!! Will pray!!!

Faye said...

SHERRY THIS IS SO SAD!YOU KNOW WE ARE SO BLESSED.I HOPE YOU HAVE A WOUNDERFUL EASTER!