Friday, March 20, 2009

CMA

Next week we will be in Arkansas for the Christian Motorcylist Association's Annual Pastor's Retreat. No, hubs and I do not have a motorcycle but we have some dear people in our church who are active members of CMA. Through them we have been introduced to this outstanding organization.

They reach out to people that most of us would be afraid to even approach, and they do it because they love God and have a passion to share His love with those who do not know him.

CMA is not only state-side, they also go into many differenct countries with the 'Jesus' film that is produced in the language of the people in which they are ministering. They help meet the practical day-to-day needs as well.


So, if you see a group of motocylists, check out their backs and see if they are wearing the above logo on a vest, shirt, coat, tee-shirt, etc. If they are, give them a big wave and ask God to bless them because more than likely they are on a 'MISSON".






Love

8 comments:

Cathy said...

That is so cool. I loved the video. Hope you have a great time.

MiMi said...

For a minute there, I thought I was going to see you perched atop a big ole' Harley!

What an awesome ministry! Our old church had a big group of cyclists, but I am not sure if they belonged to this organization, or not? I will definitely be noticing from here on out whether they have that patch on their jackets!

valerie said...

I'm so glad you and your husband are going to be able to attend this event. I've never even heard of it, but it sounds pretty amazing.

I'll be praying for good traveling weather for them & for y'all.

We had such a great time in Chicago. I'm slowly checking in on all my friends to see what I've missed. I did very good to upload the pictures and update my blog every evening while we were there. I'm playing catch-up.

Let's definitely plan on dinner real soon. I'll be anxious to hear all about your trip too.

Love,
Valerie

Unknown said...

My grandfather passed away in August and was an avid motorcyclist...even at 76 years! At the time of his passing, he attended the "Motorcycle Church" and was apparently pretty active there. The pastor at that church even officiated his service. It was nice and many of his friends were there remembering that silly old "grandpa on a Harley". Yep. That was him...MY grandpa on a Harley! :o)

Penny said...

One of my friend's dad is a preacher, and he's got his whole motorcycle "gang" -- his family. It's so awesome to see them riding up and down the roads on their bikes.

Heather said...

have fun!! I thought at first you were talking about the country music awards!! LOL!!!

SusanD said...

Greetings Sherry, I happened on your blog through Lois Lane II at Fearfully, wonderfully made. My husband and I belong to the CMA's and are getting ready for our annual Blessing of the Bikes. We love the challenging ministry of this organization. Blessings, SusanD

Deare Diary said...

My husband rides a motorcycle. I will the first to admit that I used to have negative thoughts when I would see certain people on motorcycles. Things are not always the way that they appear nor are we to be the JUDGE. Thank God for revelation.
Judy