Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday School Chef

I recently took on the responsibility of teaching the Young Adult Sunday class at our church. This class is primarily a video teaching class so that helps since I am married to the Senior Pastor, which in turn, brings other Sunday responsibilities for me. Last October, I was a guest teacher in this same class and taught on the book of Nehemiah. It took three months to complete and just about "ate my lunch" to get through it, but I thoroughly enjoyed teaching it. I would love to present it again since I now have all the notes (I was writing them as I prepared for the class).

Part of the privilege of teaching at our church is that I get to provide Sunday morning refreshments for my class. When you walk down the corridors of our church on Sunday mornings, you are greeted with the aroma of coffee brewing and the sight of plates full of muffins, cookies, brownies, etc. Now.... most of the adult teachers are men and its their WIVES that cook/buy the refreshments, make the coffee and clean up after class. I NEED A WIFE! (Figuratively speaking.) I like to take extra time at home after my husband leaves to spend time alone in prayer before the class begins. That cuts into my food prep time at church! Oh well, I guess I had better work more on my organizational skills so that I can get this new schedule down.

Life at the parsonage ... planning.

No comments: