Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Eliminating the Idols

The ladies Bible study group at my church is joining with women around the globe and doing the "No Other Gods" Bible study by Kelly Minter. This is a thought provoking and heart searching series. No matter where one lives, how much or how little one has, idols can be formed in the heart. God will not be upstaged by anyone or anything. He is to be first in our lives and will not share space with any other gods. This sounds harsh, but we who have a relationship with God, know that He is the God of love and patience. In fact, Christianity is the only religion that I'm aware of that is based upon love.

The following video is a song entitled "Clear the Stage". We must clear the stages of our hearts, get rid of any idols and make room for only Him. It is now time for the curtain call so let's raise the curtains, allow His Light to shine upon the stages of our hearts and get ready for a Heavenly headliner production directed by the Author Himself. Curtain. Lights. Action.
Sherry

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words on my blog. I really appreciate it.

I signed up to do this study, but haven't started it yet...so I'm already behind. And I love that song, "clear the stage"...awesome!