Thursday, February 26, 2009

Since my last post . . .

I have taken an unplanned break from blogging to focus on some other things. Here's a few things that have transpired since I last posted ( I just love bullets -- they make things simple):


*We celebrated a dear lady's 90th birthday.


*We celebrated another lady's 50th birthday.


*One of my best friends received very bad news. The doctors feared she had ovarian cancer. They said there was a tumor on each ovary and one was the size a a cantaloupe!


*I sat with my friend's family during her surgery. To their amazement, it WAS NOT cancer! The large tumor was basically like a water balloon. There was no tumor on the other ovary. This is EXACTLY what we prayer would happen!


*I have been "babying" my knee :)


*Because I am "babying" my knee, I have hired a housekeeper :)


Girls, I AM MILKING this thing for all it's worth!


*I have facilitated 4 more Bible study sessions (a total of 8 in February)


*I have hosted a ladies meeting and annual planning session.


*I should have attended a funeral, but no one told me until it was over!


*I have been living a wonderful -- but crazy -- life!


I have been trying to get some things in order and bring some peace into my life (I'm most talking about the peace that only God can give) but peace that having projects finished and closet clutter and cabinet clutter cleaned out and organized can bring.


In the following clip, Lucy is collecting items for the ladies bazaar, but Ricky thinks shes a kleptomaniac. So while Lucy is cluttering her closets with items for the bazaar, I'm working at keeping mine cleaned out.


Enjoy!





5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Glad you're back blogging.

I had a maid for years - - - I LOVED her, oh how I wish I had her again.

Cathy said...

That clip is too funny! That's one I don't think I've ever seen.

You'll have to tell me how to play the knee thing so I can hire someone to clean my house. lol

No truly I hope things calm down some for you and that you're knee gets better. Take care of yourself.

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Your post makes me chuckle!
Housekeeper? WAY.To.GO!
Praise God no cancer!!!!!
I've missed many funerals too.
Same story.
Life goes on. . . .
Glad to hear from you once again!
Lucy's a nut. I relate.


...completely!

praying your knee heals and you're back to normal soon.
:-)

Penny said...

Oh, I LOVE "I Love Lucy"!!! Such a good show!

Glad to see you got a housekeeper out of the knee deal. ;)

MiMi said...

WOW! You have really been busy! I hope that things slow down for you and that you experience the peace of God as you never have before!

BTW...I am a HUGE Lucy fan! Love this episode!

Have a great weekend, my friend!