Saturday, May 10, 2008

Yours and Mine

How many times I remember my mother saying that she wished she could take my hurt away or take my place when I was sick. This song by the Isaacs portrays a mother's heart.

My mom has received her eternal reward and is waiting for me to finish my "race" in this life. Even though she is not with me in person, I carry a part of her with me -- in my heart. All the wonderful things she taught me has become a vital part of who I am. She was the one who led me to Christ. I will never forget that day.

Now that I am a mother and grandmother, I, too, want to bear the burdens for my dear ones. Isn't that exactly what Christ wants to do for us? Bring Him your hurts, burdens, heartaches and cares, for He cares for you.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you and your families.

Sherry

No comments: