Sunday, May 4, 2008

Roadkill got me to think'n...

This morning I was on my way to Wal-Mart to pick up some donuts for my Sunday School class and drove past a opossum lying dead in the road; hence, roadkill. The scripture came to mind that tells us that God sees the sparrow when it falls and He even knows the number of hairs on our heads. Then I thought about God's inventory on the earth. I could just see Him go --one less opossum -- check!

That caused me to think about all He keeps up with. (It amazes me how our thoughts can soar and fly in so many directions in microseconds!) I thought about our lives and all we have to keep up with. It all starts when we're children; we keep up with our toys, school work, etc. As we grow, responsibilities do, too. Eventually we have jobs to take care of, then families. As time rolls on there are grandchildren -- I think you get the picture. We can become overwhelmed with life and all the responsibilities of keeping up with it all.

My thoughts then turned to God and all that He keeps up with! He manages the micro-organisms (is there anything smaller?). Then... all the way up through the animal kingdoms: in the sea, on the earth and in the air. Next, there's mankind. Not just us and our families. not just our city, county, state, country but all on the whole earth. He keeps up with the planets, galaxies and universes. Then, there's Heaven and Hell.... He keeps up with it all. And .. He's never overwhelmed. What a manager!

God knows every time one of His little creatures is born or dies. He cares. How much more, then, does he care for us; the ones He sent His only Son to be the sacrificed Lamb for the sins of all mankind (John 3:16). How, then, can we as believers, not have faith to trust Him -- for everything? He longs for us to trust Him. If we do not trust Him we are saying that He is not trustworthy! God...the one who made and manages everything -- not trustworthy? How it must break His heart to see us struggle and not ask for His help. He wants to be our everything.

"Lord, help me to not withhold anything from you but to give you all of me and trust you with everything within me."

Yep, roadkill got me to think'n . . . . .

Life at the parsonage ... in deep thought.

Sherry

No comments: